Riverton Middle School’s mission is to provide a quality education through shared responsibility in a safe supportive environment for all students to meet the challenges of a global society.
We are “Committed to Excellence”, and we work hard to make the site a primary source for timely information for all users, and a main gateway for improved communication between parents, teachers, students and other members of our community.
- The 7/8th grade band and 5-8th grade choirs will have their Fall Concert on Monday, Oct. 5th. It will be at 7:30 pm in the High School Auditorium.
- Mrs. Pinter will be putting in a 2nd order for band and choir hoodies if you didn’t order one the first time! Money and forms will be due on Wednesday, Oct. 7th. You can pick up an order form in the office or from Mrs. Pinter.
- There will be a meeting for all parents of 7th and 8th grade boys interested in playing basketball this year in the middle school cafeteria on October 13th at 6pm. Tryouts start October 19th so make sure to have a physical by then to be eligible to try out. See Mr. Bertolino with any questions.
- Riverton Fire Department is hosting an OPEN HOUSE on Wednesday, October 7, 2015 for 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Visit the Firehouse and learn about this year’s Fire Prevention Week them of “Hear the BEEP where you SLEEP”. There will be FREE Hot dog, chips, drink, and goody bags!!! A flyer is attached at the bottom of the announcements.
- The grace period for FREE/REDUCED applicants ends on September 22nd. Letters are going home with students whose parents need to fill out a new FREE/REDUCED application. Any lunch fees accrued after September 22nd will NOT be covered in the FREE/REDUCED program if a new application is not filled out
- If you would like to order school pictures online you can do so by going to inter-state.com/order and use the order code 01491P.
- Picture retakes are scheduled for October 7, 2015.
- Our PTO and school raised $297.63 through Coke Rewards program
- We have Miles for Smiles order forms in the office. If your child is in need of a dental exam and doesn't have dental care please stop by and pick up a form. Miles for Smiles is November 13th.
- Attention parents of Jr. High Honor Band selectees, Jr. High Girls’ Basketball players, and Jr. High Literary participants: For all the Sangamon County Jr. High Schoolmasters events a professional printed program is distributed free of charge at the event. Take this opportunity to place a Happy Ad in the event program for as little as $1. Visit our website at www.mcqualityeducserv.com for the details on submitting your Happy Ad today.
- Riverton School District would like to extend its sincerest appreciation to the Riverton Police Department and Con-Way Freight for donating school supplies to help families in need. If your family is currently experiencing financial hardship and needs assistance with school supplies, please contact Michaela Campbell, school counselor, at 629-6002, ext. 42, or email@example.com